I've seen this post around the blogging world a lot and decided that, it might be an interesting post to write - although if I manage to think of 10 interesting things that you probably don't know then I definitely deserve a blogging award this year (category; working brain).
So after blogging for over a year, I'm hoping that I haven't given everything about myself away just yet, but here's 10 things you probably don't know about me.
1. I'm an extreme introvert - I love my own company and its not something I'm ashamed of, but sometimes I think it would be better if I was an extrovert. I just like being on my own and doing my own thing.
2. I hate the way I do my makeup - More specifically I hate the way I do my foundation, and its partly because I have to go full coverage for it to look good - until laser hair removal gets rid of the "man" - I can't wait for the day I can stick on a BB cream or light coverage foundation and not have to colour correct my beard or put a heavy full coverage foundation over.
3. Impatience is my middle name - When it comes to being patient and waiting for things - just no - I'm the most impatient person you'll ever meet. I want my food NOW, I want my order to arrive 5 minutes after I've ordered it, Why can't my hair dry in less than 5 minutes? Can I finish writing this blog post now?
4. I'm perpetually single - I've never been or been near to, being in a relationship. It's not even that I don't want or have wanted to be in a relationship, but I'm just not comfortable enough in myself, body and mind, to be in one. And right now, I don't think I'd be a very good girlfriend - I'm too self indulged.
5. Spending money makes me happy - See above (self-indulgent). It probably sounds conceited. But I genuinely enjoy spending money on things. Don't get me wrong, its money spent on things I need/want and will use, but that knock on the door with the item I've ordered is probably one of the best feelings ever.
6. I hate my small town - I've never liked living where I live, its small, dingy and there's nothing to do, and it lacks potential. I've always (and still) want to move away, and its something I'm determined to do in the future but for right now, I'm stuck here :( (someone come save me)
7. I secretly love my job - I may moan about going to work on twitter, but I do like my job - I mean I'd love to write for a living (books not necessarily blogs) but hey, life is what you make it, and whilst I'm not a full time writer yet, I still believe its achievable and my job for the time being is actually really enjoyable. The only thing I wish, is that my job was more challenging but hey, that's life (that's what all the people say)
8. I was adopted - I was unofficially adopted by my nan at 18 months old (my mother was young and a little bit silly at the time) so my nan and granddad decided it was best for me to live with them, and I've been here ever since, my granddad on the other hand left when I was 10. Forever grateful, and whilst I love my 4 brothers, I'm bloody glad I didn't live with them growing up (I'd be in prison)
9. I love seeing other people succeed - I've never been one to be jealous of other people's success, if anything I get really inspired when I see other people succeed, it only inspires me to try harder, put more effort in, and it also makes me believe that its possible for me to. So advice for all you jealous people - stop being a little bitch and celebrate in other peoples success - they're paving the way for us to be successful too!
10. I can give advice, but can't bloody take it - I'm a bugger for it, I've been told that I give some bloody good advice but when it comes to actually taking someone elses (or sometimes my own advice... like I know the answer) it doesn't happen, it's like my brain switches off.
Look at me I did it! 10 things you probably didn't know, I wish they were more interesting, but I do throw a lot into the world in terms of personal topics, so maybe in the future I could do an updated one when my introverted personality decides leave the house.
If you've done this post then feel free to leave it in the comments, or if you do this blog post let me know I'd love to read it (I by no means created this post).
Missjamieleigh x x